Words cannot express my excitement in finding out that we will be welcoming a sweet baby girl in February! A girl!! I’d like to believe that I would be just as thrilled with news of a boy but I think my smile is a teensy bit bigger knowing it’s a girl. 😉
When the ultrasound tech was going to tell us the gender, she started by saying “Ok, what has three…”, and in that moment, I thought for sure she must be talking about the “boy parts”, until she said “…lines down there?”. Lines? I felt as though the teacher called on me in Anatomy class to answer a question I totally didn’t know the answer to. I answered back with a question, “A girl??”. And she confirmed that I was right! I threw my hands in the air and said “it’s a girl!” while grinning ear to ear. Cory didn’t look or respond with near the excitement I did, but I think he’s pretty pumped to have a daddy’s girl.
To share the happy news with our families, we ordered [white amaretto cream] cupcakes from Miss Sara’s Cakery to reveal the gender. (We also had the same kind of cupcakes to share the news of expecting and at our wedding!) To add a sneaky little twist to it, I got light turquoise frosting to throw everyone off. We brought them out on a covered tray with them purposely placed backwards so no one could read them right away and would only see the color of the frosting. Instantly, my mom yelled out “It’s a BOY!” and then Cory flipped around the tray to reveal the words. We had everyone fooled for a split second which I found very entertaining. 🙂
My mom, sister, and I spent some of Saturday afternoon shopping for girly things. I can tell right now how hard it will be to resist all the adorable girl clothes! I keep wanting to buy 0-3 month size for everything because I want her to be able to wear it right away, but then people tell me how quickly they grown out of that size. 😦 I’m starting to think I should buy at least two different sizes of each thing so that it can last longer! A few of the items purchased so far… I’m in love! (and apparently am on a stripes kick)
I can’t get enough of the onesies and one-piece pajama bodysuits. Pretty sure that’s all she will wear the first six months of life. 🙂
3. GIRL onesie — Zulily (I LOVE this!!)
I haven’t deprived myself of a few new purchases as well…
1. Old Navy Maternity Coat — Not going to make it through winter and this pregnancy without a coat that fits. I scored this for about $55! I ordered both an XS and S because I have no idea which size will fit better.
2. This isn’t the actual scarf I [will] have, however it will be very similar. My mom is knitting me a chunky, grey circle scarf and I cannot WAIT to have it around my neck!
3. GAP French Terry Tunic — First actual maternity top I’ve purchased so far. I told Cory to get used to it because I’ll likely be lounging it it every day — love it with leggings+boots!
4. J.Crew Excursion Quilted Vest — Because sometimes a shirt just needs a vest thrown over top.
5. J.Crew Colorblock Boatneck Top — Love the colors of this! It’s not maternity but I’m hoping I can wear it until it just won’t fit over the baby bump anymore.
6. COACH Baby Bag — Since it doesn’t scream “baby!”, I can use this for other things as well, which is super duper. Best part about this is that I got it as a trade for doing a photo shoot for someone who works for Coach. 🙂 So excited to use it [more] when our baby girl arrives! It has tons of pockets, plus the inside is made out of a fabric that can be wiped down.
This week I’m going to a craft night get together with gal pals and we’ve decided to decorate onesies for the three pregnant mamas-to-be this time. I can’t wait! I purchased one white and one light pink long-sleeve onesie from Old Navy and plan to do a cut out vizsla silhouette in a grey+white zebra fabric on the pink one (for our baby obviously)! I also bought a cute pink printed fabric to use on the white onesie, just haven’t decided what it will be yet. Photos of the completed project next week!
Also coming up this week and weekend — photo shoots! Six total. Be sure to check my facebook page to see new photos!
Happy-half-way-through-pregnancy to me!