Another week under my belt [literally] and one step closer to meeting our baby girl. Did I ever mention how, prior to pregnancy, expectant mothers who referred to what “week” they were in meant nothing to me? I used to think “just tell me how many months that is so I don’t have to do the math!” while being somewhat annoyed. It’s a whole different ball game when you’re the one who is actually pregnant. I never find myself thinking in terms of months, it’s always weeks. (But in case you are wondering, I’m just over five months along.) I suppose I’ll end up being one of those annoying moms who refers to my child’s age in months too (24 months—how ’bout TWO YEARS!). 🙂
Although I didn’t go anywhere too exciting, like Wisconsin or North Dakota, there was no shortage of highlights from the week:
• Craft night with some gal pals over hot apple cider. I had been craving apple cider since fall has officially begun so walking in to find just that was the icing on the cake! My craft project—onesies. Pretty sure a vizsla silhouette can make anything cute.. (The tie one isn’t for baby koch, fyi.)
• Parenthood. The TV show. I finally closed my laptop for an hour and enjoyed some downtime on the couch to watch one of my favorite shows without multitasking. There were definitely tears shed at the end!! Pregnancy hormones, right…
• New boots! Can’t wait for these to arrive at my doorstep.
• Baby room decor. I found the lamp at HomeGoods and am in love with it! (baby room mood board coming soon..!)
I have had this little guy in the back of my mind for awhile now so when I came across it at Target, on sale for $44, I couldn’t pass it up!
• Listened to Brené Brown speak about vulnerability, courage, worthiness, and shame, with my sis. It amazes me how someone can easily describe/explain/put into words exactly how I’ve felt at times. I wish I was blessed with that ability, not to mention the ability to public speak. A quote she shared with us:
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” – Theodore Roosevelt
• Five photo shoots with kids who are so sweet+cute+funny+entertaining, makes me even more excited to meet ours! One little guy (who I’ve been doing photos of for a few years) called me “Mrs. Ami” the entire session and held my hand when we crossed the street. I’m dying, he’s so cute!! (Sneak peeks over on my Facebook page!)
• Found what will likely be our daycare come April/May 2013!
• Three words: Nutella Hot Cocoa. Make it, stat! It’s amazing and you won’t be disappointed.
• Our good friends, John+Annie, welcomed their sweet little boy on Sunday night! So happy for them and can’t wait to meet him (you know, since he’ll probably be protecting our little lady from bullies on the playground someday). 🙂 Annie and I have been talking about getting pregnant “together” for a couple years so the fact that we basically pulled it off is pretty amazing.
My goals+thoughts for this week:
• Finish editing photos from four sessions. (I currently have 11 (eleven!) waiting to be edited and only evenings+weekends to get the job done. Yikes.)
• Hello, long overdue date night! I’ll put my computer down and enjoy an evening with my husband since he finally has some days off this week! I’ve had a desire to play Jenga lately… Is that weird? When did I get so old??
• Take time to focus on myself and get my preggo butt on the treadmill (or outside when it’s nice—Lucy would love me!) for a walk. This has been few and far between since I got pregnant. The first trimester kicked my a•• and totally threw me out of the routine I had going. I’ve been struggling ever since to get back into it and being so incredibly busy with photo shoots the last two months, I haven’t taken the time to better myself. I don’t need to go out and run a marathon to feel accomplished. Baby steps.. I’ll start with more frequent walks!
• Buy more stretchy leggings (these!). Jeans just aren’t cutting it anymore. Every time I wear them to work, I am reminded as to why I tell myself not to wear them again. (Note to self: start taking own advice!) I’m much more productive and happy when I can sit indian style in my chair.
• Weekend: four photo shoots. Add those to the current 11 and then I have a little breathing room for the next few weeks to catch up. Phew!
A new perspective of the bump for all of you… My view! (I can still see my feet — yay!)
Happy 21 weeks!